- 1 C of pumpkin puree (I use the Farmer’s Market canned organic pumpkin)
- 1 C of almond milk, or milk of choice
- ¼ C of hemp seeds
- Splash of vanilla
- Sprinkle of cinnamon (can also add nutmeg or other spices that you like)
Put all ingredients into a powerful high-speed blender in the order as written and blend.
Lisa’s Favorite Summer Salad
- Large bunch flat parsley, chopped roughly
- Large bunch basil, chopped roughly
- Toasted pine nuts
- Generous pour of olive oil
- Splash of white balsamic
- Sea salt
- Couscous (could use quinoa as well)
Toss all ingredients together and enjoy. Serve with grilled Sea Bass and corn on the cob.
Favorite Summer Smoothie
- 1 Frozen Banana
- 1 Tbsp of Almond Butter
- 1-2 Cups of almond milk or coconut milk
- 2 tsp of cacao
- splash of vanilla
Put all ingredients and blend. I love having this as a treat on hot summer days! Check out Juice Generations Peanut butter spilt smoothie for a little more decadence.
- 1 Cup of quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups of milk of choice
- ½ tsp of pure vanilla
- ½ cup of raisins
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
After you have thoroughly rinsed and drained the quinoa combine it in a saucepan with the milk, cinnamon, and vanilla. Bring that to a boil. Then turn that down and let simmer on low heat for about 5 minutes. After five minutes you can add the raisins. Then simmer for another 5-10 minutes. Turn the heat off and let the pot sit covered for about 15 minutes. If there is still a bunch of liquid in the pan turn the heat back up and continually stir until all liquid is absorbed.
I usually serve this version with walnuts or almonds. When I have leftover I usually add some milk after I heat it up.
Basic Green & Avocado Salad
- 1 Bunch of Kale, or another type of green, washed and ripped into small pieces
- ½ lemon
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- ½ Avocado
- Beets, pre-cooked
- Goat Cheese is optional (raw is preferred)
While greens are setting in olive oil and lemon, prepare other vegetables for salad. Put to avocado in last. Sprinkle with sea salt and toss. Have fun with this recipe and mix up the ingredients!
Broccoli Avocado Salad
- 2-3 broccoli heads, cut into florets
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 avacado
- bunch of baby spinach
- 1 scallion, chopped
- olive oil
- sea salt
First steam the broccoli. While that is cooking prepare other ingredients. Put broccoli in a bowl and throw in other ingredients. Squeeze lemon, drizzle oil, sprinkle with salt. Toss and ENJOY!